In unincorporated areas, basic services like water, sewer, police and fire protection are provided by the county. Because counties often consist of large and diverse geographical areas, providing a consistent and adequate service level across all areas can be difficult. Residents of urban communities may want more services than those residing in rural areas. The County Service Area Law was created in the 1950’s to provide a means of providing expanded service levels in areas where residents are willing to pay for the extra service. 

The Riverside County Economic Development Agency assumed control of the County Service Area’s (CSAs) in July of 2002. The Community & Cultural Services Division oversees the operation of 60 County Services Areas, including 21 CSAs with community advisory boards appointed by the Riverside County Board of Supervisors. Riverside County CSA division maintains 22 county owned parks, 2 water treatment facilities and over 8 million square feet of landscaping. Each CSA is authorized to provide services based on the needs of each community. The CSA collects special taxes and assessments to provide services to specific areas of the county. CSA jurisdiction covers the entire unincorporated Riverside County and provides municipal services such as:



Repairs of electrical wiring and light fixtures, replacement of burned-out lamps, repair and replacement of damaged equipment.


Street Sweeping

Street Sweeping is  essential to keep CSA roads clear of debris which can contain oils solvents, lawn chemicals and leaves.

Parks & Recreation


Recreation services are available at 12 of CSA Parks. We host year-round events in effort to enhance the quality of life for our residents.      


Water & Sewage 

Water meter reading, water treatment and distribution facilities are provided for all CSA residents.


Maintaining and replacing landscaping is done on a daily basis to ensure that CSA areas look and feel beautiful at all times.          


Road Maintenance

Maintaining and repairing potholes, road signs and street markings is part of our on-going commitment to our CSA residents.

CSA Streetlight Requests

If you need to report a down streetlight or other streetlight issue, contact:

Imperial Irrigation District - Click here for website or call at 1.800.303.7756 CSA #97, 121 & 125 

Southern California Edison - Click here for website or call at 1.800.611.1911 All other CSA or unincrporateed areas in                   Riverside County



Are you a Riverside County CSA resident  with a comment, request or repair? Click on the following "Service Request Form" button below.         We will respond to you as soon as possible!

You can also call our CSA customer service line at 1.866.810.0255.

For Streetlight issues, please see "Streetlight Requests" section above. 


Street Sweeping Requests

Street Sweeping on County maintained roads is provided by:                                                                                                                               

County Service Area 152 - Administered through the County’s Economic Development Agency

Waste Management - Administered through the County’s Environmental Health Department

Burtec - Administered through the Environmental Health Department

Development Community - Development projects conditioned to provide street sweeping shall process an application/annexation through one of the following districts:

CSA 152 through EDA by contacting Hazel Spruell at HSpruell@RIVCO.ORG or (951) 955-3224. In the Eastvale, Mira Loma, Glen Avon through Waste Management by contacting the Environmental Health Department at (951) 955 -8982.                                                                            

Developer is responsible for street sweeping in their project until a public agency assumes the street sweeping responsibility

Public / Property Owner - County maintained roads in CSA 152 are swept twice per month. The physical street sweeping contract is administered through the Transportation Department. For questions, concerns or for the sweeping schedule contact Brigitte Hahn at or (951) 955-6263 or to leave a message on our street sweeping hotline call (951) 955-2048. The Transportation Department’s Highway Operations Division does not provide aesthetic street sweeping.  Highway Operations will provide street sweeping for public safety reasons on County maintained roads not covered by CSA 152, Waste Management or Burtec when a “Repair Request” for street sweeping is initiated by property owners.  Property owners may initiate a “Repair Request” by contacting Highway Operations at (951) 955-6899.    

County Service Area Information

Click here to view Fiscal Year 2018-2019 CSA charges

CSA Maps

Click on your corresponding CSA to see a detailed map of the area.  To see the all the CSA boundaries within Riverside County, click here.